Fall Foundations Training - EVENING
FOUNDATIONS ONLINE will meet every Tuesday and Thursday at 7 PM EST from October 8th through November 14th 2019. Live Sessions are on average 2 hours
Additional payment option available just eMail.
PayPal: We can accept PayPal…eMail [email protected] with the training you want to take and your PayPal eMail address.
Mandatory Live Session at 7 PM EST October 8, 10, 15, 17, 22, 24, 29, 31 November 5, 7, 12 and 14.Live Sessions are on average 2 hoursYou will also receive a private mentor session and you will need to set aside an extra two hours for testing. You will sign up for those time slots during the live training.
What is included in the Foundations Training?
You will receive (digital included)
- Digital Workbook Sheets
- Log Book
- Amazing welcome Package that includes a knot learning shawl and other surprises.
As a part of CBWS community, you will also receive the following perks
- Vibrant Private Facebook Community
- Basic Listing on CBWS Consultant Locator
- Discount on webinars and in-person training
What is NOT included in the course fee but required to have? (This is very important this will be extra cost)
- Weighted demo dolls: We have professional weighted demo doll $120 to $130 Shipping $12 in USA International $40 to $70 depending on the country. We also can point you to instructions on how to make your own demo doll. Stuffed animals are not acceptable substitutes.
- Suggested carriers to have on hand (this is minimum suggested on hand)
- 2 to 3 different brand/shoulder ring slings
- 2 to 3 different SSCs (different brands preferred)
- 1 short non-stretchy wrap 2.6 to 3.2 suggested
- 1 longer non-stretchy wrap - size you can wear comfortable a FWCC
- 2 to 3 different stretchy wraps from different brands
- 2 Meh Dais
Why do you have a registration period?
We've been scratching our head for years to give you an online training that still makes you feel you are part of a community/group. We think we came up with some great solutions! You will receive a package from us with gifts, motivation, and surprises. We promise it will be super fun and will enhance your learning experience. Therefore, we need extra time to get the package to everyone, and this means registration must close early.
Do I have to attend all the live sessions?
- You must have access to a high-speed internet connection. We use Zoom Video Conferencing for the live session, and you will be on camera during all live sessions to interact and practice your carries. Zoom can be used on the most operating system and works on smartphones and tablets. Your device needs to have a camera so you can interact with your classmates.
- You need to be comfortable with technology since the entire class is virtual. We will be using the following software, platforms, and apps: Zoom (Video) Slack (Communication) Pinterest (Team Board and Business Building), Instagram (Inspirational & Motivation - this is optional and highly recommended) and our Class Portal via the internet.
- We will host a 'tech and scheduling' class in the week leading up to the course. It will be live and you will be able to ask your questions. Additionally, it will be recorded and available for replay.
- Use a tablet and fill in blanks digitally (e.g., iPad and Apple Pencil)
- Print out as you need, and hand write your answers
- We also have an option with a Print on Demand Service. This involves some additional cost. We update you once they manual is ready to load (this is optional)
General Description of our Core Course FOUNDATIONS
Foundations is our core course, a program built to cover the most important information you will need to start, grow and add to an existing business.The Center for Babywearing Studies focuses on high-quality training specifically designed to create a well-rounded babywearing consultant who has the ability to truly assist others. The skills of teaching and creating a positive environment are critical to the success of the consultant and we will prepare you for that journey.
During the course you will:
- Learn how to teach others to wear baby carriers: Pouches and ring slings, woven and stretchy wraps, meh dai and SSCs (soft structured carriers), plus a few knots.
- Examine the physiological and the psychological aspects of infant carrying.
- Identify how to assist someone in discovering what makes a good carry/carrier for themselves.
- Discover and recognize the importance of a systematic approach.
- Understand our core principles which will guide you as you meet each new parent.
- Design your own concept for an individual consultation.
- Explore sensitive listening and it’s importance in successful consultations.
- Delve into incident data reports from the CPSC (reports of injury in baby carriers/while babywearing) to better understand what concerns exist with regard to babywearing.
- Plus much more!
Our Foundations Course is ideal for anyone working with new parents, parents to be or infant caregivers including:
- Babywearing Consultants
- Retail Store Staff
- Baby Carrier Manufacturers
- Lactation Professionals and Peer Support Volunteers
- Childbirth Educators
- Babywearing Group Leaders
- Babywearing Enthusiasts
This class has a lot of hands-on training and time for discussion of particular issues and concerns for your individual situation. Whether your focus will be exclusively on babywearing or you will be adding babywearing in as an additional resource for your existing clientele, Foundations can help you build the skills you need to be successful.
We also have unparalleled insight into the specific needs of Retailers and Manufacturers as we have been there, specifically in the baby carrier retail business. Foundations will help you to provide your customers with a great base of instruction and provide consistency across your staff. You will walk away with the ability to connect faster, deeper, and gain the trust of your customers.
Any questions? Email [email protected]